Wednesday 6 January 2010

So I've just read in Grazia (Jan 11) that the hot new nail colour is Chanel's Particulière, a shade described as 'greige'. There's a huge wiating list, even though the release date isn't until January 29th.

Now, I love all things Chanel just as much as the next fashionista, but isn't this 'griege' old news? As far as I know, OPI's Sephora shade Metro Chic pretty much started the greige trend over a year ago, swiftly followed by OPI's You Don't Know Jaques.

I adore Chanel's nail polishes, I really do - they're rich in colour and long lasting. But when I know I can get a similar shade, for roughly half the price from OPI (the quality of which is just as good as Chanel) I don't think I'm going to be sucked into this partcular media frenzy.

For those of you not familiar with it, there are some fab swatches here: http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-particuliere-nail-lacquer-swatches-review-photos

And here are some comparison pics from the fabulous nail polish blog All Laquered Up: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi3q079pzwQucZ2QwmvHpVrSwoJ2334dShqSSWU57UmCP6i76vSJDPZkiCTQ9-6_uSd0-VVVxI9YSM57xxMeTCfwAAvGpDVBcUiZ_AQS-hi7iDBcl6_OWh9g1_RNzjiYkGbgBuY3s6oqqo/s1600-h/sephora-by-opi-metro-chic-comparison.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment